Free Blogging Tools and Resources for Bloggers
Free resources for beginner bloggers. I don't know any blogger that doesn't use them when they get the chance. Even when you have an old blog it's good to be able to find some free stuff to learn something new, try new tools, or keep costs down.
So in this blog post, I am going to give you a list of free blogging tools. They are ideal if you are a beginner blogger and don't know what tools are going to be the most useful to you.
Heads up, though, I am going to also include the odd tool that is not free but offers a free trial to see if you like them.
[Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post may include affiliate links. This means that I get a commission if you purchase the product through my link at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.]
Free WordPress Themes
You already have some available directly from your WordPress dashboard. To access them, go to Appearance, Themes and then click on Add New to see a range of free themes.
You can also do a Google search for FREE WordPress themes, or download them from somewhere like Athemes.
But if you still don't feel very confident with WordPress and can't code, stick to one of the ones that come already installed or, if you really need a new theme, check out these:
Free social media tools
- Tweetdeck - To monitor your Twitter feeds, mentions and lists. It's easier to see everything.
- Elokenz - Your content gets analysed and reposted automatically on social network. Your most popular content gets reshared more often.
- Smarterqueue- Try it for a month, it's one of the best for keeping your tweets varied and you can also use it to monitor other profiles and take advantage of what works for them.
- Tailwind - If you haven't tried it before, try it for free and use SmartLoop to automate your pinning.
free sEO and Research tools
Free stock photos and images
There are many places that offer free images, but you will find that most of the images in these sites are the same. If you want something slightly different subscribe to a site that sells images but offers a few free images every month.
- Creative Commons
- GetStencil - this is a design tool but it includes images and icons from Unsplash already, so I had to put it here.
- Death to the Stock Photo
- The Hungry Jpeg - Weekly freebies and premium Graphic design resources. Great for Fonts and Design bundles for creative entrepreneurs.
- FontBundles - For Free Fonts and Design Bundles, great for seasonal campaigns.
- DepositPhotos - I've just started using this site. You can get free images every week as well as vectors and short videos. Not sure you'd get something you can use every week but it's worht checking out.
Free Graphic Design and Photo Editing Tools
Free Productivity and time management tools
Here's a range of tools to help you organise your projecs, your todo lists. I have also included a few tools that can work with your gmail.
- Momentum - This is an extension and it stops you from going straight to the Google search screen. Plus it looks nice.
- Focuster - If you need a bit more help to focus, you might want to try this tool and see if it helps. It does not have a free plan but you can learn a few productivity tips and strategies when you use it.
- Yanado - Task Management inside gmail.
- Shift - For Marie Kondo fans. Declutter your desktop and tabs and access everything from one place. Great for people with more than one account and profiles.
- Toggl - Great for time tracking.
Free Affiliate Programs
Free Learning Resources
- Udemy - You can find lots of free courses on just about anything on Udemy. But I would also recommend their almost free courses. The courses are usually on offer, so you can get some heavily discounted courses for $10.99 or £10.99.
- Build a Powerful Online Presence by Bluchic
- Pinterest Primer by McKinzie Bean from Moms Make Cents
- How to build a Free Resources Library by Kimi Kinsey
- Affiliate marketing course by The She Approach
- Copywriting for Social Media Guide by SocialBee
- Workshop: 3 Steps to Make More Sales in Less Time by ConvertKit
- Workshop: 3 Steps to Raving Fans + Customers by ConvertKit
- Workshop: 3 Steps to Your First 1000 Subscribers by ConvertKit
Free Automation Tools
Free tools to sell your digital products
Free Lead Generation Tools
You can start growing your email list with free lead generation tools. They all have limitations if you use them for free, but they are a good start and you get the chance to play and try new things so you can learn what works for your blog and for you. Here are some I have tried.
Before you try one check that it integrates with your email marketing tool.
Free email Tools
I prefer to pay to a tool like ConvertKit from the start, as I explained in this blog post. But if you want to keep costs down during the first few months, try one these. Bear in mind, though, that once you hit 1000 or 2000 subscribers you have to start paying.
Have I missed any?
These are some of the free blogging tools and resources I could think of when I was preparing the blog post. So I will probably have to add more later on.
Want to help? Tell me in the comments your favourite free tools for bloggers.